The main performance parameters of laser driver
A laser driver is between multiplexer and laser, which completes electro-optical conversion function. In order to make laser work well, the good driving signal needs to be provided, which depends on the performance parameters of laser driver.
The physical photo of laser driver
The performance parameters of laser driver mainly include:
(1) Working speed: the working speed of laser driver can be reflected by system bandwidth and the upper limit of working speed can increase with the bandwidth increase.
(2) Output voltage swing: the output modulation voltage has enough swing.
(3) Shake: small shake can reduce bit error rate and improve the performances of driving circuit.
(4) Power consumption: driving circuit usually has larger power consumption than other transmission modules have. The heat generated by chip can be reduced by declining the chip power consumption, so the requirements of chip package can also be reduced. Therefore, chip can work more stably and reliably.
(5) Input and output impedance: the impedance Ω is usually selected.
If you want to know more, please contact us.
Our web site is http://www.analogtechnologies.com/laserdriver.htmlWeb: http://www.analogtechnologies.com/laserdriver.html